Collective Alternative (CA), a full-service marketing, public relations and advertising agency located in Indianapolis, Indiana is seeking an Agency Marketing Associate to serve as part of a dynamic, creative and collaborative team. Established in 2008, we specialize in creating comprehensive grassroots marketing strategies for small-to-medium-sized local businesses with a commitment to creating meaningful relationships and delivering valuable results. We serve a client base that spans a wide range of industries, including healthcare, medical equipment, real estate, finance, education and more. Our office is located in the buzzing area of Fort Benjamin Harrison, surrounded by a beautiful state park, great local restaurants, historic relevance and thriving local businesses. At CA, we think creatively, work passionately and are ready to welcome new talent to our team!
We’re looking for a Content Director to join our talented and driven team at Collective Alternative! As our Content Director, you will be responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our client’s business goals. In this role, you will conduct thorough research, develop engaging content for a wide variety of industries and stay up-to-date on the latest marketing trends.
Our ideal candidate loves content, but also likes to analyze results to gauge the success of campaigns. You will be working closely with our Marketing Automation Reporting Specialist to produce the best results for our clients, especially as it pertains to email marketing. You obsess over email subject lines, open rates and campaign success, and enjoy finding ways to integrate and improve content to produce results.
Our Content Director will be an experienced professional who will mentor a talented team of content creators. You will possess demonstrable creative and technical writing skills. You should also have experience with public relations and organizing media opportunities. You will be expected to perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented. If you are an expert in content optimization and brand consistency, we would like to meet you. If this sounds like your dream job, we want to hear from you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write and proofread content for emails, blogs, print and digital advertisements, websites and other marketing collateral in a variety of tones, styles and structures
- Work with internal departments to strategize and write engaging content
- Monitor industry-related topics and publications to stay current with trends and identify new content topics of interest
- Spearhead Public Relations strategy for clients including planning, and work with the media as opportunities are secured.
- Edit, proofread and improve writer’ posts
- Conduct keyword research and use SEO guidelines to increase web traffic
- Identify client needs and gaps in our content strategy and recommend new ideas
- Write and update website content to optimize SEO
- Support social media distribution
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, communications or related field
- 2-4 years of professional experience preferably in a marketing or related role, with management experience
- Confident in ability to write for a wide variety of industries and produce creative content
- Provide a portfolio of writing samples and industry-related work
- Excellent research, writing and editing skills
- Ability to manage and work on multiple projects and be flexible with changing demands
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, forward-thinking environment
- Reliable, goal-oriented and deadline driven
- Must love dogs!