Why Collective Alternative?
Want to know what it’s like to work at a company that cares about you, your ideas and your work?
We’re a team full of talent, passion, and creativity that likes to work hard and have fun while we’re doing it. From impactful graphic design, cutting-edge web development, organized account management and buzz-worthy messaging, we do it all—and we want you! We’re always looking for new top talent that’s ready to contribute to our growing team.
Where do you fit in?
If you have a creative mind, a passion for helping local small and medium-sized businesses grow and initiative to make a big impact, then you might be the next person we’re looking for!
Indianapolis marketing agency is seeking a WordPress Developer responsible for both back-end and front-end development, including creating and modifying WordPress themes and plugins. This position requires a combination of programming skills (namely PHP,
- Designing and implementing new features and functionality
- Establishing and guiding the website’s architecture
- Ensuring high-performance and availability, and managing all technical aspects of the CMS
- Helping formulate an effective, responsive design and turning it into a working theme and plugin.
- Supporting and interacting with clients in a fast-paced environment
- A variety of other tasks involved in the development life cycle from start to finish
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications
- Experience designing and developing responsive design websites
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, often with tight deadlines
- Ability to effectively communicate with team, clients and third party companies when necessary
- Experience building e-commerce websites is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be a team player and grow as the needs of the business grows
- Ability to work in our Indianapolis office with little supervision
- Knowledge of SEO tactics and implementation preferred
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits package includes: paid time off, health insurance, flex-time, and more.
We have an endless supply of coffee, offer paid vacation days, benefits, a 401K plan, and a business-casual dress code. Located in the lively Fort Benjamin Harrison—there’s plenty to see and do right outside our window.
If none of the positions sounds like the best fit for you, select other under the “Position I Am Interested In” and tell us a little bit about yourself and why you are interested in Collective Alternative.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, ancestry, disability or age as defined by law, or any other prohibited basis, as defined by Federal and State laws, except when age and physical requirement constitute a bona fide occupational qualification necessary to proper and efficient operations or as provided by law. No question on this application is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
THIS APPLICATION WILL REMAIN ACTIVE FOR THREE MONTHS. AFTER THAT TIME, YOU WOULD NEED TO FILL OUT A NEW APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION OF EMPLOYMENT. IF HIRED, IT WILL REMAIN ACTIVE FOR THE DURATION OF ACTIVE EMPLOYMENT.